Retreat to the forest for a weekend of yoga and nurture your wellbeing! Forest Retreats and Indian Wellness Academy(www.indianwellnessacademy.com) are pleased to announce the Yoga and Wellness weekend in April 2018.
All inclusive price: £265.
This retreat is suitable for guests wishing to come on their own, for friends planning a meet up and looking or something different to do or for a special mother/daughter or couple weekend away.
The weekends yoga is most suited to beginners and intermediates. More advanced yoga retreats also available, please message for details. The mornings yoga on this retreat tends to be more dynamic, with a more restorative session in the evenings.
Across the weekend you can expect the following:
* Twice daily yoga and meditation practice, incorporating Yin, Hatha and Kundalini, followed by guided meditations. This is led by Master Sri Vijay Anand, an Indian Yogi and international speaker and teacher for over 30 years, and Ildiko Bakos ji (Ildy), a popular and established yoga teacher with 17 years experience. Both have excellent pupil testimonials.
* Walks around the surrounding 60-acre organic farm down to the River Wye.
* Wholesome vegetarian meals and plenty of snacks and refreshments. The food on our retreats always score a 10 on our retreats, prepared by Tom who is a trained cook with 20 years experience. We Cater for all dietary requirements including vegan, gluten free and nut free and will make sure you are happy with the menu across the weekend.
* An Ayurvedic introductory course – food not only good for the body but the mind too! www.facebook.com/Ayurvedaandcooking/
• An evening spent sitting around a warm fire in stimulating conversation with fellow yogi’s, and having a dip in our natural wood fired hot tub.
* Optional holistic treatments including an Ayuvedic and Swedish Massage, Indian Head Massage and Reiki.
* Sri Vijay Anand is available to do Karma Astrology Consultations.
• Clean and warm bunkhouse style accommodation, but other accommodation options available upon request at an additional cost.
* Friendly and experienced staff that will ensure that you are comfortable and happy across the weekend.
* NEW TO 2018 - A GONG BATH - can only be described as a soothing, detoxing, rejuvinating vibrational sound massage for the body and mind too!
Visit our websites:
To book your place or find out more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 07826-557211
Come retreat from the stressors and distractions of everyday life and discover a healthier, happier you.
Immerse yourself in a yogic lifestyle with a Yoga Holiday in Gran Canaria.
Simplify, reset and reconnect with yourself.
In this retreat we will stay at an eco-farm in Southern Gran Canaria.
We will enjoy the freshly picked salads from the organic garden every day and we will enjoy the pool during the hotter part of the day and hot tub and jacuzzi when it is a bit cooler in the evening.
Every morning we will start our day with a nice Vinyasa / Hatha Yoga Flow to energize the body and mind and then we will have breakfast which will be a healthy veggie/vegetarian feast well deserved after your morning practice.
Then you will have the day free with the optional programs: hiking, sunbathing, going to the beach , exploring the Island, relaxing in the hammock or having a massage.
The evening yoga class will be a yin style, meditative class so we can have it after dinner.
Your day will look like this:
* 8.30 – 10.00 – Dynamic Yoga class
* 10.00 Breakfast
* FREE TIME – hiking, going to the beach, staying at the farm interacting with each other, reading, relaxing in a hammock or having a massage
* 20.00 – 21.00 Yin style yoga class with relaxation/meditation
* Departure on 13 September – there is a yoga class in the morning and a breakfast and then travel to the Airport.
Included in the retreat:
•Shared accommodation in a house with 4 double beds, a big lounge and kitchen (single supplement available)
•Morning and evening yoga classes
•Lunches and dinners
The apartment is equipped with fridge and cooking facilities and has a washing machine too.
The farm has a small pool and a jacuzzi and lots of sunbeds to lounge on. There are hammocks to relax in. There are a lot of walking paths to explore the nearby areas on foot or you may take the bus from the nearby town and spend the day on the beach (real sand beaches).
There are many flights to Gran Canaria from England. The best is to let us know when you arrive, and we can organize a transfer for you from the Airport. Or you can take a taxi or hire a car. It is recommended to hire a car if you want to explore the Island.
Here is why you will love sunny Gran Canaria
1. Year-round sunshine
You can always count on Gran Canaria for unlimited sunshine. Eternal Spring means you get warm weather and clear skies any time of the year with only slight seasonal variations. Come here any time between May and November, for instance, and you will find one sun-drenched, hot island. Ideal.
2. The golden Maspalomas dunes
Those famous sandy dunes are the stuff of legend. An absolutely perfect place for a tanning session if there ever was one, the Maspalomas dunes are also a perfect base for some great water sports, not to mention you can even go camel riding. Do some sightseeing, too – the old Lighthouse built back in 1890 is now at the start of a lively promenade. Win and win.
3. Archaeological parks worthy of your time
Gran Canaria is a lot more than just endless beaches: plenty of archaeological sites scattered all over the place stand to demonstrate the island’s vibrant past. The Museum and Archaeological Site of Cueva Pintada (The Painted Cave) was raised around the remains of an original aborigine settlement and showcases the way of life of the original inhabitants of the islands. Arteara Necropolis is a prehistoric burial ground, while Cenobio de Valerón is one of the most impressive sites here: a very well preserved and enormous communal granary
4. Gastronomic delights
Gran Canaria boasts a varied cuisine that the foodie in you is bound to appreciate. Exquisite locally produced fruit and veg, a wealth of aromatic herbs, and as much fresh seafood as your heart desires, make every meal here a treat for the senses. Most popular meats include rabbit, pork and goat, while in Santa María de Guía you will find some pretty amazing Guía Flower Cheese that also has the Protected Denomination of Origin.
5. Great water sports
Visit the gorgeous island of Gran Canaria if you are after amazing water sports. Surfboards are a big part of island life so expect loads of surfboarding, bodyboarding, windsurfing and surfing. What else? Try out scuba-diving, go on a dolphin watching tour or simply opt for some jet-skiing and parasailing
6. Glorious mountains
Truth is, the island’s landscape is defined by mountains: Parque Natural de Pilancones in San Bartolomé de Tirajana is a great example for this with its glorious peaks covered in pine forests. Then there is the Bandama peak that’s not only a beautiful natural sight but it also showcases stunning panoramic views over the island. See it all by embarking on a journey through Gran Canaria’s mountains that will take you all the way to the stunning coast!
7. The island was awarded the Biosphere Reserve label by UNESCO
Gran Canaria’s natural reserve is so stunning it was awarded by UNESCO which actively supports the conservation of that truly diverse natural setting. Gorgeous Macaronesian flora, lush pine woods, valleys filed with palm trees, a coastline boasting tall cliffs and sand banks, and an area that is a home to million natural species – Gran Canaria will stun you with the richness of its biosphere.
8. Unique culture
With such a cultural wealth to boast with, it comes as no surprise that there is plenty to be seen on the island of Gran Canaria. Must visit museums include Casa de Colon (Columbus House; devoted to the role the Canary Islands played in the discovery of America), Museo Elder de la Ciencia y la Tecnologia (the Museum of Science and Technology) and the Canarian Museum (dedicated to Canarian culture).
9. Great for parties
It wouldn’t be the Canaries if there wasn’t a fantastic night scene here! Clubs in Gran Canaria don’t shut down until the sun is shining, promising memorable nights filled with the best club music. Hit Las Palmas if you want to dance all night and leave any worry behind
10. Beaches galore
The Maspalomas dunes are absolutely spectacular but not the only great place to lounge on over here. From golden Playa del Inglés to the blue waters of Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria offers a beach for each of your needs: lazy sunbathing, water sports, exploringyou name it.
To book please contact Ildy on email@example.com or phone
0755 244 2963